In Germany, there is a website called Immobilienscout24 where people may find good homes (Haus), residences (Wohnung), WG (combined living and room renting), temporary-leased condos, offices, and a variety of real estate properties for sale or rent.
On this web page, you may discover the advertisements you’re searching for in every German city. However, this web page is in German, and even if you could convert it into English, there are specific real estate terminologies that are commonly employed in Germany that you may need to learn. How can you employ this site to identify the ideal apartment? Let us find out.
How to use Immobilienscout24
You will encounter the main page when you first visit Immobilienscout24, where you may enter your search parameters and see the primary homes you’re seeking for.
- Are you searching to buy (Kaufen) or rent (Mieten) a property?
- What is your preferred living location? You can enter a region, city, street, or postal code here.
- What kind of property is it that you’re looking for? You have the following choices: Living in an apartment (Wohnung), a single family home (Haus), a temporary apartment (Wohnung Auf Zeit), or a detached house while moving (WG Zimmer)
- How much are you willing to pay? The highest monthly cost you can handle (bis denotes “up to”; for instance, if you enter 545 euros, a selection of residential properties with monthly rates up to 545 euros would indeed be displayed).
- How many rooms are you viewing right now? The required amount you desire should be provided here. For instance, if you input 2, you will get apartments with two or even more rooms.
- How many square meters do you want for your living space? If you put 40, you will encounter flats with a residential district of 40 square meters up to a maximum. In this area, you must enter the required number you desire.
- In relation to what you said in 2, what is the range that you would like your flat to be from? Apartments within a 5 km radius (Umkreis) will indeed be listed if you select that alternative. Otherwise, you can choose a travel time (Fahrzeit).
- Here, you are able to see which apartments suit the characteristics you selected, and by touching them, you may see them.
However, this is not all; after evaluating your possibilities, you must personalize a quest. Houses that are directly next to you might not include a balcony, a kitchenette, a basement, or a parking garage. You can locate all the features you desire by creating a profile, which will help:
- Firstly, this screen will appear once you select the Suche Anpassen (Customized search) option. Here, the numbers 2 through 6 correspond to the main home page.
- At 7, it is essential to choose an EinbauKüche, or flat with a kitchen, as apartments in Germany typically lack one. If you didn’t pick this alternative, you would be required to acquire your personal kitchen, cope with the expenses and procedures, and uninstall it when you were out or convince the subsequent renter to use your kitchen. If you own an automobile, the parking opportunity is essential here as well because not all apartments come equipped with one, and parking in Germany is frequently troublesome. You would pay a monthly rent of around 30 euros for the parking.
- 8 and 9 work well with each other because, at 8, you choose the phase. At 9, you may decide wherever your apartment will be positioned: in the basements (Souterrain), on the bottom floor (Erdgeschoss), in the midway levels (Etagenwohnung), on the rooftop (roof) (Dachheschoss), or if you want a duplex (Maisonette) or a balcony apartment (Terrassenwohnung).
- At 10, you may choose whether you want a balcony or a lawn since not all apartments have either.
- At number 11 Alan Arkin, you have the choice to choose an apartment with a Connection to the internet.
- And since you specifically tailored your search, you could check how many advertisements match your preferences at number 12!
Following customization, you may also view houses on the globe. Additionally, a logo displayed in the right-hand corner of the advertisement will also let you know if your property is being marketed by a real estate company or a landlord (Von privat).
Important Points To Remember:
Additionally, the terms in your selected advertisements that you should be knowledgeable of are
It is known as “cold rent,” which is rent paid in full.
Extra expenses, for example, the cost of scrubbing the staircase, sewage, and so on., and sometimes the expense of electricity and heaters (Heizkosten)
- Warmmiete or Gesammiete:
The entire rent that you would be required to pay is called the warm rent.
Also known as a deposit, owners often require that you pay three cold rents as a Kaution and repay this money when you vacate the apartment.
They provide its clients with services that will assist them in marketing their homes more efficiently. This includes, among other factors, places that have been customized to maximize accessibility.
We advise that providers create a comprehensive explanation of their company and include team biographies and introductory images to the profile. This is the most effective technique to represent your business and leave a lasting impression. Additionally, it is crucial that real estate marketing use high-quality photographs. We advise making use of tools like virtual tours and as many photographs as you possibly can. The evaluations from both sellers and buyers are an added crucial factor. For a substantial listing in the yellow pages, these are particularly essential.
Now you are all well aware of how to purchase or rent out a house or apartment from immobilienscout24 easily. Moreover, by following the instructions, you can select a residence according to your choice in no time.