Pina Colada Smoothie
I love this smoothie for breakfast, after a workout, or during the day, when I am on the go and don’t have time to eat. It is easy to make, very tasty and easy to digest. Before I share the recipe with you, I want to talk about the benefits of all the ingredients.
- Good source of vitamins and minerals.
- High in Vitamin C (antioxidant), manganese (mineral that helps to regulate blood sugar and needed for brain and nerve function), Vitamin B (assists the body in metabolizing fats and proteins). Great source of fiber- helps in digestion, prevents constipation.
Dried coconut/ coconut water:
- Dried coconut is great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. It has tons of calcium, potassium, and magnesium, and coconut water is high in electrolytes. In fact, coconut water is known to have the same electrolyte levels as human plasma, and has been used for plasma transfusions in the past!
- It supports the development of strong bones by helping the absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Great source of fiber. It also contains protein and minerals like iron, magnesium and zinc.
- Unlike flax seeds, chia seeds do not have to be ground in order to be digested.
Pina colada smoothie recipe:
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of dried coconut
- ice (optional)
Put all ingredients into a high performance blender. Blend until smooth and ENJOY!
How did my elimination diet change my life?March 14th, 2016
Homemade Nut Milk RecipesAugust 27th, 2013
Pina Colada SmoothieAugust 8th, 2013
My Summer favorite: Zucchini pasta with basil-cashew sauceJuly 30th, 2013
What do you feel when you hear the word “dieting”?May 9th, 2013