My Summer favorite: Zucchini pasta with basil-cashew sauce
This is one of my favorite summer recipes. It is very refreshing, light, highly satisfying and it is raw! Before I share the recipe with you, I would like to talk more about the health benefits of this meal.
Let’s start with the zucchini:
- Great source of fiber, which aids digestion, prevents constipation, helps lower cholesterol.
- The vitamin C and A found in zucchini are powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. It also contains magnesium and potassium which helps to lower blood pressure, and the magnesium reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It is high in manganese, which helps the body metabolize protein and carbohydrate and it also plays a role in sex hormone production.
- anti-inflammatory: blocks enzymes in the body that cause swelling.
- great antioxidant: protects premature aging, skin issues.
- antibacterial: stops the growth of many bacteria.
- Used to treat constipation, stomach cramps and indigestion as well as colds and flu.
- Great source of magnesium, which can help improve blood flow.
- Helps to lower levels of blood cholesterol
- Immune boosting
- Aids digestion, liver cleanser and fights infections.
- High copper content helps eliminate free radicals, great source of antioxidant
- Promotes good cardiovascular health
- Rich in magnesium that is necessary for strong bones.
- Low calories
- Super hydrating
- High in potassium.
Zucchini pasta with Basil-cashew sauce (serves 4)
- 5-6 zucchini, peeled, and cut with a spiral slicer (if you don’t have one click here to see how to make zucchini noodles)
- 1/2 cup of coconut water
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- pinch of Celtic or Himalayan salt
Combine all ingredients, except the zucchini in a blender and blend it until it is smooth. Pour the sauce over the noodles, mix them well and ENJOY!
~ For Conscious Living
How did my elimination diet change my life?March 14th, 2016
Homemade Nut Milk RecipesAugust 27th, 2013
Pina Colada SmoothieAugust 8th, 2013
My Summer favorite: Zucchini pasta with basil-cashew sauceJuly 30th, 2013
What do you feel when you hear the word “dieting”?May 9th, 2013